OpenRoad Auto Group's Response to COVID-19
The novel coronavirus COVID-19 is top of mind. On behalf of OpenRoad Auto Group, I want to share with you our health and safety action plan to help protect all guests and staff associates at each one of our dealerships. While no cases have been reported at any of our locations, our company is committed to a rigorous and proactive approach. We want to do everything we can to maintain a healthy and responsible environment for all.
OpenRoad Health & Safety Action Plan
- Health and Safety Officers – Officers assigned to all dealerships, responsible for reporting and guidance to ensure the best standard of cleanliness and staff health safety practices.
- In-Store Community Safety Information – Community safety communications plan in all dealerships, including posters and digital screens outlining handwashing techniques, prevention and best practices. Also available on company websites and social media.
- Sanitization Plan – Increased sanitization of all high-traffic area touchpoints within all dealerships multiple times a day, plus professional daytime cleaning service during peak times and nightly cleaning.
- Loaners and Test-Drive Vehicle Preparation – All hard and soft surfaces inside service car loaners and test-drive vehicles are vacuumed and wiped down each time a guest or staff associate uses a vehicle.
- Service Work Preparation – Guest vehicles for service in-store are outfitted with steering wheel covers and seat protectors prior to maintenance or repair work, plus all OpenRoad technicians are required to wear disposable gloves to work on vehicles.
- Sanitizer Locations – Additional hand sanitizer dispensers and locations in all dealerships for guests and staff associates to sanitize hands throughout the day.
- Discontinuation of Shared Foods – All complimentary and shared guest café fruits and pastry snacks are temporarily removed.
- Test Drives and Valet Service – Increased out-of-dealership test drives and vehicle maintenance valet pickup services are offered. Check with individual dealerships.
- Travel Restriction – No unnecessary business travel by staff associates. Staff are required to advise personal travel destinations so the company can make necessary arrangements.
- Hand Etiquette – As outlined by health officials, OpenRoad staff associates practice frequent hand washing and refrain from hand shaking.
With these ten measures, we are committed to doing our best to promote the safety and well being of all guests and associates. OpenRoad continues to closely monitor updates, and remains proactive to navigate the developments of COVID-19. For national and local updates, I encourage you to visit the resource links below:
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during these rapidly changing times. Together, I am confident that we can address the challenges of today as we prepare for the future. We are open for business as usual, and we will continue to work hard to earn your trust and loyalty. On behalf of everyone at OpenRoad, I look forward to welcoming you to our dealerships very soon.
Chief Executive Officer, OpenRoad Auto Group
Similar Blog Posts
We're pleased to announce the official opening of the new OpenRoad Hyundai Richmond, Western Canada’s largest new Hyundai facility! The expansive new state-of-the-art facility is located in the Richmond Auto Mall and replaces OpenRoad’s former Hyundai dealership which the company acquired in 2005.
OpenRoad Auto Group has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the eighth year in a row with the prestigious Platinum Club award, the program’s highest level of corporate recognition for the second consecutive year.